Located in the small community of Boston, Ky., Boston School is the home of 296 K-8 learners. The ultimate mission of Boston School is to develop life-long learners in collaboration with the community. Our teaching staff consists of 23 certified teachers who work alongside a classified staff of 12. Together we strive to help students reach proficiency by providing all students with a quality education through a variety of programs, services and activities. Our PTA and Family Resource and Youth Services Center play integral roles for our school by providing volunteers, resources, funding and parental support. Daycare facilities are offered to parents through the Yellow Jacket Center.
The mission of Boston School is to develop life-long learners in collaboration with the community.
Our vision: Because Education Equals Success
- Building relationships with students, staff, families, and community helps remove barriers to learning.
- Everyone can be successful when effective, varied, and researched based instructional practices are utilized.
- Learning occurs from access to all types of education.
- Implementing a balanced assessment practice provides meaningful feedback.
- Expectations influence achievement.
- Visiting the school improvement plan and mission, vision, beliefs regularly helps maintain a focus on teaching and learning.
- Implementing a rigorous, intentional, and aligned curriculum
- Nurturing a safe school environment
- Growing leadership capacity throughout the school community supports a climate of collaboration.